Tuesday, April 22, 2014

fam in pictures part III

It was a cold, blustery day, but we had to get a grandparent/grandkids shot.


I lost count of how many rocks this size that they removed from the garden.


Deep, deep cleaning. The (fun to assemble) face sticker posters eventually all came down.


I think these ladies were helping spread rice husks.


This is what Dad and Mom did for 85% of their stay. As a result, we have harvested a few eggplants, cucumbers, various greens, and a lot of tomatoes. Thank you again and again!


A big thank you to our pastor and his wife for hosting my family so generously!


A typical supper. That night happened to be Mom's lasagna, made cottage cheese that Laura magically concocted out of milk and vinegar. Delicious! I had not had lasagna in years!


Heavy machinery is to Joseph as a cup of coffee, a cheesecake, and a good book are to me.


I just had to post another picture of this fellow. Our politest dog, Rhino, is doing his best to impress a morsel out of Lydia's hand.


I am who I am today because, to a great degree, of these two seesters, who walked me through boarding school, university, and life abroad.


1 comment: